Hartford Community Loan Fund
Part-time position (25 hours/week)
Hartford Community Loan Fund (HCLF) is seeking an individual for the part-time position of Portfolio Manager (PM). The successful applicant will possess the following:
· An ability to implement HCLF’s value of mission-driven sustainability towards the achievement of success for HCLF and its customers through effective risk management strategies and administration of HCLF’s loan portfolio;
· At least five years of loan servicing, portfolio management, or related experience. Construction lending experience is a plus;
· Experience working with a diverse team;
· Strong commitment to customer service; effective communicator and problem solver; and
· Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize effectively among competing tasks.
Responsibilities: This position reports to the Director of Lending. The PM is responsible for managing asset risk in HCLF’s credit and OREO portfolios and for the administration of HCLF’s loan portfolio. The PM performs regular portfolio management and risk mitigation functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
· Managing credit risk by organizing information for periodic loan portfolio reviews and update system to reflect changes to risk rating grades and loan loss reserves, enforcing covenant compliance, monitoring construction & project budgets, performing collections on selected credits, monitoring problem loans, and managing modifications and workouts;
· Managing all aspects of loan management between closing and payoff, including advances to borrowers during construction process, processing draw requests to participants, and conversion of loans from construction to term facilities;
· Maintaining the quality of collateral properties through regular inspections and covenant enforcement, and coordinating management and disposal of OREO properties;
· As requested by supervisor, participating in management team and other team meetings and committees; providing reports and other communication internally and externally as needed; assisting with the development of strategies, performance goals, and budgets; and serving as secretary of the loan committees; and coordinating with accounting, production, and compliance teams and outside entities on a variety of lending, relationship management, compliance, and risk management functions.
In conjunction with the COO develop and implement a technical assistance program for existing and prospective borrowers in HCLF’s Construction Rehab lending program
Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Compensation: Based on experience. The position is non-exempt, part-time on site (25 hours/week) and is not eligible for benefits.
About Hartford Community Loan Fund: HCLF is a not-for-profit community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to provide and promote just and affordable financial services that benefit the low-wealth residents of the communities we serve. HCLF is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse team committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and female individuals. HCLF’s offices are located at 215 Garden Street, Hartford, CT 06105.
If interested, please e-mail cover letter with resume to M.Albert@HartfordLoans.org. No faxes or phone calls please. HCLF is an equal opportunity employer.